Wednesday, August 16, 2006

On Free Association

Since I am nothing more than one of the Hack’s incarnations, I thought I would keep this brief (Hack – if you write a clever posting like that, you have to expect the rest of us to flog it to death). I have spent the last night doing nothing but voting for Ryan, Toby, Dilana and Lukas. Patrice should have done Message in a Bottle less a la Up With People and more akin to Marilyn Manson’s cover of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). Perhaps not so much in an industrial vein, but definitely with darker overtones. It’s rock music, not a gospel revival.

I have added the Freakonomics blog to my blogroll. The book itself is one of the most amazing pieces of literature I have ever read. It forces you to rethink the whole notion of right vs. left rhetoric and the holes in each of their belief systems that negate their ability to solve the world’s pressing issues. Thanks to the Manitoba Liberal for letting me know the blog existed. Like some Pavlovian canine, I keep going back to ML’s blog waiting for an entry – ML’s contributions to other bloggers’ comments sections are pretty interesting.

Speaking of Liberals, I have been accused of being an angry Tory who rails against those with more pressing social engagements than my nightly stints watching CPAC from the confines of my parents’ basement. CC – I just want the public to know you were wrong. I am an angry fiscal Conservative and social Liberal who rails against those with more pressing social engagements than my nightly stints watching CPAC from the confines of my parents’ basement. I must admit your cheeky jab gave me a few laughs and made me reconsider changing my name. Kudos on an entertainingly executed retort. While I still may not agree with your conduct, you are at least taking the ensuing heat in stride.


Motivational Tunes:
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult – Sex on Wheels
Abba – The Visitors (thanks to anonymous blogging, I can reveal this to the world and still keep my public dignity intact)
Seal – My Vision
Megadeth - Breadline

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home