Friday, October 20, 2006

A Short Term Solution for the Clean Air Act

One of the persistent criticisms of the new Clean Air Act is that there are no short term benefits. In the spirit of addressing this critique, I propose the following: a ban on mobile sign trucks.

As someone who has taken more than my fair share of marketing courses, I understand and appreciate the difficulties inherent in reaching consumers. Putting your message on a vehicle going into rush hour traffic that has no real productive use just doesn’t strike me as an intuitive way to do it. I would understand if the vehicle was also used to transport goods or people like a bus or delivery truck but taking up road space just to shill a company’s wares only serves to aggravate your potential consumers. Not to mention how bad running said truck is for the environment.

So to potential advertisers, be ye warned that I will NOT buy your product if I see it advertised on a mobile sign truck – it wastes energy and takes up extra space, especially during rush hour. To the companies that came up with this commercial brain-fart (I couldn’t resist a cheeky noxious odour reference) - how’s about moving some people or goods at the same time? Otherwise, get off of the road!



Motivational Tunes:
Steve Winwood – Night Train
Emma Bunton – Maybe
Ratt – I Want a Woman
Racer X – Detroit Rock City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home