Tuesday, March 20, 2007

007% in Gold-digger

Our latest Agent 007% adventure has our intrepid hero using his team at MI6 headquarters on Broadway to crunch the “numbers to see how many of the federal promises for Manitoba equal new money.”

This is a most unfortunate turn for the Bond series. A proud province has been relegated to pandering for federal goodies as a fundamental pillar of our economic development strategy. I wish MI6 Broadway spent as much time concerned about how Manitobans could get a leg up without worrying about having their hands out. Barring that, perhaps they could be equally as aggressive in remedying the Crocus fiasco as they are on haranguing Mr. Harper.

The Bond series always had its fair share of ups and downs. Perhaps the upcoming Conservative Royale will reinvigorate the franchise…

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Iain said...

Well, while I'm also looking forward to the sequel, I don't think that Manitoba begging for handouts is exactly a "new turn" by a long shot. I'd love to be able to have Manitoba in the "have" category, but you know we'd just bitch about losing our payments.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

I'm going to give my best efforts to be part of the team charged with bringing pride back to the province. And I for one plan on signalling my intent to both our community and the world with actual actions, not just mailers to ex-Manitobans and Spirited Energy ads to those who are already here. Glossy brochures mean nothing without a commitment to actually showing everyone you mean business.

Will you be posting over in your neck of the woods? I've held off on linking to your blog until some of your musings show up. The more of us the merrier, so I'll keep checking on it...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Iain said...

Nahhhh.... just keep bitching at you guys this way. For some, I have to have a blog of some form to post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home