Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dada Wook

Our family business has signs throughout Winnipeg. Whenever we drive by one, my oldest son points excitedly and exclaims “DADA WOOK!”. The business my father worked so hard to build has had an indelible effect on four generations.

As the business was in the process of being sold, I found myself pondering what to do with the rest of my life. Our actions and achievements echo through the generations that follow us. It is our sincere hope to leave each successive generation a little better off than the previous one.

This blog was started as my attempt to voice opinions and concerns that had previously gone unspoken. It gave me the opportunity to engage in banter with like-minded individuals and polar opposites. I relished both with unbridled exuberance. Now that I am at a crossroads, I find myself in a position to indulge a passion that I never thought I would be able to explore.

My name is Steven Andjelic and I am seeking the nomination to represent the PC Party of Manitoba in Seine River. I hope that one day in the not too distant future, my son will look at the Legislative Building and proclaim with the same amount of pride “DADA WOOK.”

7 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Iain said...

Hopefully his pronounciation will improve by then :-D

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

I promised my two-year-old a Bumblebee toy when the snow melts and the new Transformers movie comes out. He's been reminding me of it everyday and relaying the story to "gammy" as best he can. He's also diligently watching the snow melt. Maybe I should have promised it when the man on TV calls an election instead!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Darcey said...

Sweet dude - best of luck!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Thanks!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger PITT said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Does anyone know what the previous comment was? Was it up for any amount of time or was it taken down immediately after it was composed?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

I found out what the comment was when I finally checked my hotmail account. Jim, I hope you don't mind that I am cutting and pasting from the e-mail - I'm not sure what happened with the comment and how it got deleted:

"jimcotton has left a new comment on your post "Dada Wook":

Thats Great to here ! Good luck !"



Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home