Sunday, April 22, 2007

Super Hugh-Ro

You may have seen that I was in attendance at the PC Party press event this afternoon at St. Vital Park. I would like to share a story with you that likely won’t make the daily news or tomorrow’s paper.

My wife and oldest son Sebastien were also in attendance at the time. While all the candidates were lined up by Hugh, my wife pointed at the PC vehicle with his picture on it. She then pointed to Hugh and told Sabs that Hugh was “that man” on the vehicle. As my son has many The Batman DVD’s (a show that comes with a great Winnipeg/Sisler/Red River College connection, no less), he was quick to think Mama meant “Batman”. He spent the rest of the event calling Hugh “Batman” and proudly declared “Dada wook with Batman”.

So if Hugh McFadyen is indeed The Batman, what does that make his nemesis Gary Doer? I guess that depends on the issue in question. If it is the promise to end hallway medicine in six months, he is The Joker. If you are trying to get a straight answer on Crocus, he is The Riddler. And if you want to talk about long term economic viability, he is Mr. Freeze.

Thanks to Hugh, my son thinks I’m the coolest Dada ever. After all, I know Batman…

7 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger John de Lancie said...

Judging from Hughie's picture in the Free Press on Saturday I have to say that he is looking more like Frank the Tank from Old School, rather than Batman.

CHUG CHUG CHUG Hughie CHUG!


Someone tell Hughie that the fratboy vore in Manitoba is not that big andhe should try to carry him self seriously.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

I have a 2 1/2 year old that thinks otherwise...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger John de Lancie said...

You have a 2 and a half year old that thinks the fratboy vote is huge? I want to be at your next party!

Good luck in your race. Your the best candidate in your riding, but I'm not a fan of your leader. Liked the old guy a lot better, he got an unfair shake from his party.

I'll probably be casting a wasted vote for the Liberal, but I'll see how things unfold.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Your first assertion was the Frank the Tank vs. Batman comparison. That is the one Sabs would differ on. I'll let him watch Old School when he is 25 or 30. Who is Hugh? To Sabs, he is Batman.

Thanks for the compliment on my being the best candidate for Seine River. I hope the overwhelming majority of Seine River voters think so too!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Your first assertion was the Frank the Tank vs. Batman comparison. That is the one Sabs would differ on. I'll let him watch Old School when he is 25 or 30. Who is Hugh? To Sabs, he is Batman.

Thanks for the compliment on my being the best candidate for Seine River. I hope the overwhelming majority of Seine River voters think so too!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger OMMAG said...

Didn't notice that but I was busy with other things.
Local media certainly does not care to tone down their hostility do they?

However the articles I saw in print were actually fairly balanced.

Next maybe they will start actually challenging Doer's fantastic version of reality!!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Karen was off to the side with Sabs - I think you were on the other side of the press scrum at the time.

I'm thinking about doing my own analysis of the NDP's 7 promises - many of said promises should have been already been dealt with over the course of their administrative tenure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home