Monday, May 28, 2007

Silent Lucidity

Songs are a funny thing. While music oftentimes has a way of becoming a diary for your life, sometimes a song will mean different things to you as your circumstances in life change. Case in point – Silent Lucidity by Queensryche. Back in the early 90’s, I thought it was merely a Pink Floyd-esque treatise on the whole notion of dreams and the subconscious.

Now that I am a parent, Silent Lucidity takes on a whole new meaning (it also helps that Geoff Tate elaborated on the inspiration for the song the last time he was in The ‘Peg). How many times have I personally looked over my little ones and made the silent vow that I will be the one watching over them? As they sleep, one can’t help but wonder what dreamscapes they are exploring. And when those dreams turn restless, Mama and Dada are the ones that do their best to protect them in the night.

Is there a better role in the entire universe? Not a chance. I just wish time wasn’t going by so quickly. Which brings me to Time Stand Still by Rush and how THAT song has taken on a whole new meaning since high school…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home