Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I’m #1123

Rick Mercer has asked Canadians to weigh in on the Michael Fortier issue. While I have been supportive of most of Harper’s initiatives thus far, I think Fortier SHOULD run in the Repentigny by-election. So you can find me as petitioner #1123.

Is running in the by-election a suicide mission? Perhaps. On the other hand, should Fortier get a simple & cushy pass in the next general election by safely running in a Tory stronghold?

Prime Minister Harper has taken a lot of heat over giving Fortier the Public Works portfolio. I for one thought it was a clever move to extend an olive branch to Montreal voters. Let’s see how they repay Harper’s generosity. If they elect another Bloc-head (I still marvel at how a party with a separatist agenda can engender so many federal votes), it is the Repentigny voters that will look bad, not the Conservatives.

After all, Harper tried to give Montreal a seat at the table. If Repentigny wants to sit this one out, it is their loss…



Motivational Tunes:
Marc Anthony – I’ve Got You
KISS – Shock Me
L.A. Guns – Rip and Tear
The KLF – Last Train to Transcentral

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home