Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reversal of Misfortune

A few short years ago, Nintendo was considered way behind the mighty Sony and Microsoft.  A product called the DS helped to change all of that.  The Manitoba Tories have enlisted their own DS, Doug Schweitzer, to reverse many years of their own anemic fortunes.

 

Having shared many strategic discussions with Doug, it is my heartfelt belief the party is finally well on its way to showing the NDP the door in the next election.  Many of the operational deficiencies plaguing the party are about to become a painful distant memory.

 

While NDP bloggers such as Just Damn Stupid, Tooxs and others have been ever so gracious in victory (I am aware I lost the election but thank you for the persistent reminders as part of your diatribes), I long for the day where we see the true test of their mettle – in defeat.  With Doug at the helm at 23 Kennedy, those days are likely only an election away.

 

Congrats on the new gig Doug! 

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger cherenkov said...

Glad to see you decided to blow the dust off the ol' blog.

I know nothing of Doug Schweitzer, but I hope you're right.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

(I'm sending it via email because I don't have a Google account, and you
don't allow anonymous posts. Feel free to post it if you want)

I wouldn't know Doug Schweitzer if I tripped over him, but there seems to be
enough being said about him in the media and local blogosphere to warrant
voters keeping an eye the direction the PC party takes in the next little
while - just in case it become a more moderate voice and viable option for
voters.

As for politics being a lifetime career choice, no thanks, it leads to
politicians that get involved in social engineering and administrative micro
management, instead of being a representative of the people and creating
policy. I too disagree with the point Dan Lett was making about that.

As to the Freep itself - the jury is still out, but I think even you will
agree the attitude of lipstick on the pigs seems to be changing there lately
for whatever reason.

Okay so I sound like a red Tory - whip me, beat me, make me write bad blogs.

RU Sirius

 

Post a Comment

<< Home