Thursday, August 31, 2006

What’s Mine is Mine (aka On Fiefdoms…)

My kids are getting to the age where they are prone to fits of jealousy. I am now faced with a perplexing dilemma. When the family goes to McDonald’s, do I get them all the EXACT same toy to avert a turf war or do I buy different ones and explain that if they rise above the petty squabbles, they will be marginally ahead by having different toys they all can play with and enjoy?

Come to think of it, some ADULTS never come to learn this lesson. I guess this goes a long way in explaining bureaucratic overlap….

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my blog has had a major malfunction and I have to repost the whole site. Groan. I will give you the new link when I am back online.

Andy

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Looks like you got some of it back - good luck with the rest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home